Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Mmmmm, STEREOTYPE . . .

We found this amazing hidden Antique/Junk store in Ohio over Christmas. It had just about everything you can think of plus more. Anyway, they had this awesome illustration depicting WWII-era Japanese Emperor Hirohito offering an olive branch to an American cowboy, while holding up a dagger behind his back. What cracked me up, besides the overtly bigoted stereotyping and cowaring Hitler & Mussolini in the background, was that the Japanese soldier was also wearing a Nazi uniform (just to drive it home)! I was going to buy it, but it was 95bucks. So instead I took a picture! Score.
*Click on image to enlarge*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Attn: Any new JimSmashers (in case of misreading of my tone and humor)...
I, myself, am of Japanese descent. WooHoo!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were doing that at the Nat. Portrait Gallery the other day!
We asked the guard and he said it would be up to the guard at each location as to whether it was allowed! BTW they changed the birth-death card on Ford's portrait straight away...