Wednesday, January 03, 2007

DOUCHEBAG OF THE DAY: CNN's SITUATION ROOM

I've wanted to put Wolf Blitzer and his assinine Situation Room as Douchebag of the Day for months now. If you've ever had the misfortune to watch some of this craptastic programming, you will see in full form a perfect example of how and why our mainstream news media of 24/7 coverage is utter garbage. I rank him and his show just above any Geraldo program. Except its worse, because its on CNN and sold as if its trusted news, whereas with Geraldo you know its a fucking joke anyway and kick back and laugh.

Anyway, soon after Barrack Obama has thrown his hat into the presidentual election for 2008, The Situation Room had a type on screen asking "Where's Obama?" (instead of "where's Osama?"). Way to go, dickheads. I can't wait until they start using Barrack's middle name all the time (which is "Hussein").

Look, this really has nothing to do with political sides here. Its about professionalism and responsibility. I can let something like this slide (maybe) if it was your yokel local newstation, but CNN? Come on, guys. You know better and something like THIS comes down to either 2 things: 1) Personal political shit, or 2) Complete ineptness by those involved putting the news show together. I'm going for both, myself. If I wanted to see political stabs like this, I'd watch The Daily Show or FOX News!

At what point did we allow our News organizations to become nothing but entertainment? A sign of the Downfall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUUUUUDE I swear somebody the other day.....I can't remember which....some talkin head...well they made a Froidian slip of the same calibre....substituted the two names for each other....I know this is just the beginning! It's gonna happen alot more!