Tuesday, July 31, 2007

WHITEOUT IS NOT BY FRANK MILLER

The left pic is the Comic Con poster for th e upcoming movie WHITEOUT based on GREG RUCKA and STEVE LIEBER's Indy comic of the same name. What I find interesting is the poster is recreating the COVER to one of the collected trade paperbacks (right pic), which was drawn by FRANK MILLER. Miller only did the cover to that collection, he had no other input to the comic, writing or art. So why use that artwork for the poster? My guess is because Miller is currently "Hollywood Hot" with the recent success of his "SIN CITY" and "300" film adaptations, plus a few more in the works. Kinda misleading, if you ask me. But then again, most non-geeks would not even know this was based on Miller's art. Or maybe its just a con-exclusive. So I guess until the posters use Frank Miller's name, I can hold back on a Smash. Interesting nonetheless, me thought.

You can read the first issue for FREE right HERE!

Oh, and KATE BECKINSALE as Carrie Stetko? Puh-lease.

No comments: