Friday, July 27, 2007

BLADERUNNER FINAL CUT RELEASE DATE

Oh yeah, baby!!! December 18, BLADERUNNER: FINAL CUT will be out on dvd!! It's Ridley Scott's [supposed] final cut of the kickass classic Sci-Fi film. As an added bonus, those of us in LA and NY will be able to catch the cut in the THEATERS on Oct 5!! YES!!!

The Final Cut dvd is "restored and remastered from original elements and scanned at 4K resolution, will contain never-before-seen added/extended scenes, added lines, new and improved special effects, director and filmmaker commentary, an all-new 5.1 Dolby® Digital audio track and more."

Mark your calendars!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it going to have the narrative back in it????

Jim said...

probably not as Ridley Scott hate the narrative that the Studio forced onto the film. The Director's cut that came out in the early 90s was sans-narrative as per Scott's wishes. So no, doubtful he'd put it back in.

Frank Gillespie said...

wasn't there supposed to be a box set with all the versions released this year?

Jim said...

oh yeah, I forgot about that.... I think I recemember something about all 3 versions may be on that dvd release... hmmmm

Anonymous said...

This is like "Watchmen" for me. I was born in '82 so by the time I was old enough to watch this movie and understand it... I didn't really get what the big deal was.

I did enjoy the movie and thought it was a good sci-fi film... but I just haven't really understood the cult following.

Jim said...

yeah, I was born in '75 and found the film to be a bit overrated compared to the hype. I do love the film, but there's just something about it that doesn't allow me to freak out over llike the hardcore fans.... I think its the time it was made being felt a bit on the screen, perhaps. Still a great film, IMO, and still one of my favorite sci-fi films. I think as a goob fan, I wanted an xtra bit of umph in it. Still can't wait to see this new version!