Friday, July 20, 2007

TRANSFORMERS & TERMINATOR 2

Watched TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE and TERMINTOR 2 again last night. Both fanastic films, I must say!

TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE
This is one of my top 10 favorite movies. Hey, I stand by it - I just love that movie. And you must EMBRACE the soundtrack folks. The first 1/3 is freaking perfect! If anything, watch up to the point where GALVATRON takes control of the Decepticons!! It begins to drag a bit after that, but there's still some great scenes... Hot Rod & Kup on the QUINTESSONS' planet (2 great songs!). The Junk Planet stuff is the really only part that I cringe, but those cringeful moments are quick. Overall, I say give this movie a viewing... it made me dislike the current live-action movie all the more, because THIS is freaking TRANSFOMERS, Baby!!
Click HERE to watch that first 1/3 I just praised!
RENT IT!
-----------
TERMINATOR 2
The first Terminator is brilliant and my favorite of the franchise. The extended cut of T2 is waaay better than the theatrical release!! If you haven't seen this cut, you owe it to yourself to see it asap. My only complaint with T2 is the horrible attempts at humor throughout the film and Arnold slipping in and out of character as the Terminator - sometimes he acts and sounds like a Terminator, other times he's just a dude delivering bad lines. In the end, its a great film. With T4 in legal limbo now, go revisit the GOOD Terminator films and remind yourself why this series used to be good.
RENT IT!

* TERMINATOR - Freaking awesome! My favorite of the batch!
* TERMINATOR 2 - The action is amazing and you're constantly patting James Cameron on the back with praise (despited the above critiques)
* TERMINATOR 3 - Never see this. If you have, give your memory an enema and purge your mind of this crappy watered down sequel. There are a few cool moments and some decent ideas, but overall its garbage and I wish I had never seen it - it truly hurt my love of the series. You simply do not make Terminator movies without James Cameron.
-----------
Oh, and this viewing also made me reflect back on my earlier post about STALLONE being a terminator. Sure, I know in reality its a bad idea (sorry if I scared you), but I still like to imagine what could have been if he had played another T-800. However, I'd like to clarify that I do NOT think he would have made a good T-1000. ROBERT PATRICK does an absolutely perfect job at playing a liquid metal Terminator and there is no need for that change. Again, there's that part of my fanboy persona that simply wants to see Stallone be a T-800, heh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arnold learning how to smile in the extended cut of T2 is great. the face he makes is perfect I think most of the humor does work.

Anonymous said...

They just gave Arnold Waaaaaayyyy to many lines in the second one. He/the terinator works best when he speaks little and lets the action do the talking...that and the kid is REALLY anoying....