Monday, July 30, 2007

MOVIE REVIEW: PIXAR'S RATATOUILLE

Finally got around to see Pixar's RATATOUILLE. I must say I loved most of the character desgins. Finally, they've found a way to have their humans look fantastic and stylized! While the film was alot of fun, I also found it lacking in story and storytelling. There were atleast 3 times I was bored and looking at my watch. Visually, the film is beautiful, as is all Pixar films. But lately, their storytelling is falling short.

Much much much better than CARS (which I felt was a piec of shit), but not nearly as engaging or magical as Pixar's previous outings (Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Incredibles...). Usually, I tend to walk out of a Pixar movie feeling really good and happy I saw it. Not so here - I could have waited for a rental night.

I guess it's a bit ridiculous to expect them to make perfect movies every time. It's still Pixar, and I'm grateful they continue to make movies.

Overall Rating: B+

No comments: