Thursday, July 19, 2007

REMAKING WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Does anyone remember the 1986 movie TROLL? I actually saw it in the theater. Don't judge. Anyway, they're remaking it. God only knows why. My guess is most of Hollywood is now being run by unimaginative, talentless hacks who know only how to remake stuff into crap.

Oh, and did you know the main boy in the movie was named "HARRY POTTER"?


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plot from IMDB:
Torok is an ancient troll, and he is using the body of Wendy Anne to disguise himself, in order to take over an apartment building. Wendy's newly moved family is just settling in, and while her parents suspect nothing, her brother Harry notices a change in her behavior instantly. Using an emerald ring, Torok transforms the residents into plant pods and plans to restore his old world in which he once lived in many years ago. We soon discover Torok is the ex-husband of Eunice St. Clair, a resident in the building who was married to Torok long ago before he became his transformed self.

6 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I love Troll, it's one of my guilty pleasures !!

Jim said...

Hahaha! Awesome!
I haven't seen it since it first came out... maybe I'll give it another viewing, just for you! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this film. I watched it compulsively as a child...and still have the song sung by the little fiends stuck in my head.

Pardon my mispelling of the troll jibberish...

"Obo sera, sera ser bogum! Obo sera, sera Ser ra ah!"

Something to that effect.

Harry was played by the original Atreu (sp?) from The Neverending Story.

Also, Sonny Bono plays a resident at the apartment who gets turned into a pod. The transformation scene is amazing!

Ok, I'm renting it today!

Jim said...

wow, TWO people today praising the film! It's been about 20yrs (oh god, I'm old!) since I saw it... but I do remember enjoying it on a disturbing level.

also, Jullia Louis-Dreyfus plays a forest nymph!

Holy shit!! The kid was ATREYU?!!!!

Andrew Glazebrook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew Glazebrook said...

It also had Shelley Hack one of Charlie's Angels and Anne Lockhart who played Sheba in Battlestar Galactica, I had the hots for her big style !! http://tinyurl.com/2c46zg

In the UK this was a 15 on VHS which was strange as it was pretty much aimed at kids I thought !!

Oh yeah I did find a Blog a while back which had lots of cool soundtracks to download and Troll was one of them, can't find the link now though ! :(