Thursday, May 04, 2006

ORIGINAL STAR WARS TRILOGY COMETH

George Lucas is a liar.

Anyway, Lucas is finally caving into fans and will re-re-re-re-release the Original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD as it was originally viewed in theaters. So Han murders Greedo..... No lame intro to Mos Eisley.... No flying lame droids in every shot.... No Jango voiceover Boba Fett.... No abyssmal Jabba dance sequence.... No 'Little Shop of Horrors' Sarlaac Pit.... No Hayden Jedi Spirit.

The DVDs will be released this year on Sept 12 and will then be removed from all shelves on Dec 31 (a strategy that Disney uses on many of its classic releases). However, I don't think I'm going to buy this. I already have the original versions transfered from Laser Disc to DVD and I've given Lucas sooo much of my money already. Of course, I said I wouldn't buy the Special Editions DVDs (the 1st release, not the 2nd) and I reluctantly did. So we'll see how I'm feeling on Sept 12th.

But cool for those who don't have those orig versions on DVD.
God I'm a sad sad bitter man.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's fun old Star Wars art, Jimmy. I never realized what huge feet Luke has. They look like some kick-ass wondertwins in that image. I like spooky Darth in the background too.

Oh, look at me being entirely too absorbed in something besides work today.

Anonymous said...

Jimmy sure is grumpy today! :) Everybody complains when Lucas won't release the original versions and now they complain when he does. I guess he can't win

Jim said...

It's a case of "Too little too late" and "Drawing a Line in the Sand."

He had his chance. You can only smack me around so long...

spaceJASE said...

I've been waiting for this.
I own NO Star Wars movies because I wanted this version on DVD. I just keep watching the ones I taped on December 26th 1992.

Anyways - the Lego Star Wars game will RULE! THe first one was GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

goddamn, how many copies of these movies do I have to buy?