Wednesday, May 10, 2006

INFINITE CRISIS

In 1986, DC Comics decided to put it's house in order with the now-famous maxi-series "Crisis On Ininite Earths." At the end was a new, refreshed DC Universe. No Super Pets. No multiple parallel earths. And both Supergirl and The Flash (Barry Allen) tragically died. It was a restructuring and relaunch of sorts across the board.

20 Years later (whoa, I feel old), 2006, DC has once again decided to clean house...well, more like TIDY UP the house... with "Infinite Crisis." The last issue (#7) came out last week and I finally got around to reading it last night (thank you, Maker!). It kicked fucking ass!!! I dare say I haven't enjoyed a single issue that much in over 10 years!! Every single PANEL was cooler than cool!!!! I actually reread it two more times last night before returning Maker's copy back to him.

So, if you're a comic fan, I highly recommend picking up this 7-issue series or wait for the trade whenever it comes out. And kudos to Geoff Johns, Phil Jiminez, and the other talented people who contributed to this series! Well done, everyone! Well done!! Thank you!

2 comments:

Frank Gillespie said...

I thought the story was pretty good. But the art really left something to be desired. If they would have stuck with one artist maybe it wouldn't have looked so rushed.

Jim said...

agreed.
but I still really enjoyed it despite the jarring art changes.
:)