Wednesday, May 24, 2006

VILLAIN OF THE DAY: GORN CAPTAIN !

Today's "Villain of the Day" is the
GORN CAPTAIN!

Captain’s log, stardate 3046.2.

* "This is Captain James Kirk of the Starship Enterprise. Whoever finds this, please get it to Starfleet Command. The Enterprise is dead in space, stopped cold during her pursuit of an alien raider by mysterious forces… and I have been somehow whisked off the bridge and placed on the surface of an asteroid, facing the captain of the alien ship. Undoubtedly, a dangerously clever opponent. I'm engaged in personal combat, weaponless, with a creature apparently called a Gorn....."

* "....Large, reptilian, like most humans, I seem to have an instinctive revulsion to reptiles. I must fight to remember that this is an intelligent, highly advanced individual, the captain of a starship like myself. He's immensely strong. Already, he has withstood attacks from me that would have killed a human being. Fortunately, though strong, he is not agile. The agility and I hope the cleverness, is mine....."

* "....The surface of the planet....there's very little here - scrub brush, rocks, an abundance of mineral deposits, but no weapons in the conventional sense. Still, I need to find one, bare-handed against the Gorn, I have no chance......"

* "....This may be my last entry. I am almost exhausted. Unless I find a weapon.... I have very little time left...."


Watch the battle in the awesome, classic episode "THE ARENA"!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To the best of my limited Trekkie knowledge, the Gorn have only appeared TWICE in the history of Star Trek; Once in the original CLASSIC episode "The Arena", and once again as a crappy CG version in an episode of Enterprise, where the Gorn had crappy Raptor legs - come on!!!

The Gorn language, Gornouf, is a combination of guttural sounds and hissing, and some words have no vowels in them at all. A good example is the Gorn Republic's creed, "FOKHSS IP'KAKAROO OIIAASS'YU." This means "Fight the weak."
The Gorn's new word for "Fear" ?
"James T. Kirk", biotch.

No comments: