Tuesday, January 29, 2008

MORE GIJOE CASTING . . .

Some more GIJOE movie casting news...

GENERAL HAWK = DENNIS QUAID
DUKE
= CHANNING TATUM
(who?)
DESTRO
= DAVID MURRAY
("unknown" theatrical actor)
ZARTAN
= ARNOLD "The Mummy" VOSLOO


Overall, whatever. Some work, some don't. Tatum as Duke? Based on visuals alone, I don't see it. While I want this to be the ultimate GIJoe movie I've been envisioning since my youth, I have to remind myself that they are not making "My GIJoe Movie" nor are they adapting the COMIC, which was the "source material" and kicked ass. Instead, they are adapting the [somewhat crappy & silly] CARTOON and various incarnations that have come since; new toys, new cartoons, new comics. Much like how TRANSFORMERS was a new approach and envisioning, I assume this will be, too, for a new generation.

The other Cast, thus far:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahah,..."this movie is going to SUUuuuuuuccccccckkkkKKKKKKKKK........"