Saturday, July 08, 2006

UPDATE: ALIENS & FLASH

Just had to report that the ALIENS Retrospective was freaking AWESOME!!! They showed a ton of clips and pics that I have NEVER seen, which is quite astounding as I thought I had researched it all - even the panelists said "Whoa, where the hell did you get this footage? I've never seen it!" The best part was seeing several clips of dudes in the Alien suits running around. It was like being in the presence of God for 20 seconds. Now my new life mission is to get ahold of that footage - no matter the cost.

Also, the Midnight showing of FLASH GORDON was spectacular!!!! Everybody in the theater was into it. You could hear people quoting and singing queen.... hmmm, or maybe that was just Maker and Dylan next to me. Regardless, it was awesome! I foresee a new cinema experience tradition, ala Rocky Horror Picture Show. We had with us two friends who had never seen Flash Gordon before, so they may disagree. *shrug* hahaha. Only downside - didn't get home til 3am, fell asleep around 4, and back at work in the morning. Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"All hail Flash Gordon! Savior of Universe!"
"Yeah!"