Thursday, October 26, 2006

SPIDEY COMIC NEWS

1) Apparently the Black Costume is coming back in the Spiderman titles! I'm assuming it will post-Civil War and Spidey switching sides... and probably temporary. Nonetheless, he will be wearing the Black Costume and I am stoked! I love that costume!! This pic is pretty sweet, too. It reminds me of Mike Zeck's black costume era Spiderman, which kicked so much ass I'm still sore! To check out some kickass Zeck black costume Spidey, pick up the trade "Spiderman: Kraven's Last Hunt". A classic gem!

2) Marvel finally announced who will be taking over Ultimate Spiderman after Mark Bagely leaves the title after 110 consecutive issues (a new record!). The new penciller will be none other than the talented STUART IMMONEN!! A nice choice, I think! He's solid and has a reputation for being fast and professional! Pic posted is not his Ultimate work, but from a previous regular Spiderman comic he did in 2004. I'm curious and excited to see what his stuff will look like as he has multiple styles. I really loved his Ultimate X-Men work but felt his Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E. style was too stylistically simplistic. Below are 2 examples of his Ultimate X-Men work.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: I recommend reading Ultimate Spiderman but do NOT recommend Ultimate X-Men. Just read the normal X-Men if you're interested; "Uncanny X-Men", "Astonishing X-Men", and/or simply "X-Men". Email me if you want recommendations.

No comments: