Friday, October 20, 2006

CROSS SECTIONS ARE NEAT-O

I really dig Cross Sections
(the Star Wars Cross Section books are really neat and I recommend picking them up, or atleast flipping through em the next time you're at a bookstore).

Anyway, check out this awesome Cross Section of the Colonial Marine Dropship, as seen in the best movie ever made: ALIENS. The artist says on his site, " I am trying to use this artwork to secure a commission to illustrate a Cross Sections book about the craft of the Alien franchise." Oh sweet Jeebus, that would Rule. His illustrations are for sale, so someone buy me that Dropship, yo!

Click here for more by the artist.

-------------------------
*thanks, Andrew!

6 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I'd love to see a Cross Section of 'Nostromo' or 'Sulaco' or the 'Hadley's Hope' Colony and the 'Atmosphere Processor' Also a cross section of Ripley in her underwear :)

Jim said...

Hahahaha!!!!

I really hope he gets the book made! I want to see all the cool stuff from the first 3 ALIEN movies in cross sections. Screw Alien Resurrection, tho.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

They might even do a Cross section of Ash or Bishop.
I do love the guys films who made Alien Ressurection,and the films has some great actors in it and some cool FX work,but it's just so bland. I got an early draft of the screenplay off the net ages ago which had a bit more to it.

spaceJASE said...

Is ALIENS like Alien 2?

Jim said...

Hahaha!
Don't make me slap you, SpaceJase!
:)

Mr. Legs said...

If I were a rich man, I'd have this fellow design my house.