Friday, October 20, 2006

FRAGGLE ROCK THE MOVIE

Attn: Fraggle Rock fans!
They are developing a full-length live-action musical fantasy of Fraggle Rock. Personally, I was never into them... I was strictly a Muppets fan myself. Not that I didn't like FR, I just never watched it. Maybe I was a year or two too old? I dunno. Anyway, several of my friends love FR, so this post is for you! Unfortunately (maybe) the film will include the puppets travelling from beneath the Rock and venture into the human world for the first time. Sounds pretty shitty to me - wasn't the charm of the show the underground world they lived in? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that kind of like making a Planet of the Apes movie, but have the apes travel to a planet of lizards? Chime in, Fraggle Rock fans! Lemmie know what you think!!! The movie will be produced by Ahmet Zappa.

4 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

When I watched Fraggle Rock here in the UK when it was on the location was a Lighthouse in Scotland and the presenter was a chap named Fulton Mackay who played a character called The Captain. But when I seen the US version it was set in the basement of an apartment block. I always thought the UK version worked better as the name Fraggle Rock seemed more in keeping with the island that had the lighthouse on,from what I understand every country got it's own presenter but they always had sprocket the dog with them.

Mr. Legs said...

There was also a Fraggle uncle who ventured off into the real world and would send letters home to his Fraggle nephew. So, I think it'll be fine if they venture out. Smash that!

Jim said...

Hey, you guys are the fraggle experts. I stated I never watched the show! So smash this! :)

Andrew Glazebrook said...

The Uncle was actually called 'Travelling Matt' :)