Monday, September 14, 2009

JULIUS ANDREAS GIMLI ARN MACGYVER CHEWBACKA HIGHLANDER ELESSAR-JANKOV

Andreas Jankov, a busdriver in Norway, changed his name to the above. He says, "I wanted to show that it is possible to be serious and at the same time take the name you like. I wanted to see how far I could take it with respect to the number of names. I started thinking about this three years ago and it was approved in January this year." Unfortunately it was too long for his driver's license and passport, so he dropped "Highlander". That made me sad. Anyway, the pic of Julius alone warranted this post.

(source)

*commentors within source page reveal some origins of the names:
- 'Julius' is an homage to the famous chimp at the Kristiansand Zoo
- 'Arn' is a Swedish knight movie

No comments: