Friday, May 05, 2006

HARRY POTTER 5 DIRECTOR ? ? ?

Rumours are a-flyin' that the next Harry Potter movie will be directed by none other than Terry Gilliam!! Very interesting.... very interesting.....

Gilliam is best known for his classic films "Time Bandits", "12 Monkeys", "Adventures of Baron Munchausen", "Brazil" and "Monty Python & The Holy Grail."

and speaking of Harry Potter... I stumbled upon a pic of the kids during the filming of the first movie. Whoa, they look so young! Check out how much they've changed in 4.5 years!
They grow up so fast, don't they?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some folks are saying Gilliam ruined the Fear n Loathing n Vegas project and I haven't really given it much thought.......hhhhhhhmmmmm
Brazil is a classic....in my mind!
May I now curse all who read this today to having the song, Brazil stuck in their heads for the day!!!

Anonymous said...

See Jim - Brazil is a classic. What have I been telling you for lo these many years !?!
: )

Mr. Legs said...

Order of the Phoenix is currently filming. The director is David Yates. A well known film/television director over there, not so well known here.
Sorry to burst the rumor...It would be interesting if Gilliam had a shot at it though.

Mr. Legs said...

Oh Yeah! The Dursleys are back this time! Saw them in the cast list on IMDB.

Jim said...

m - I've always said Brazil was a classic. It's TRex who's never enjoyed it... I think you traumatized her when you showed her the movie at age 7. LOL

mr legs - hmmm, the article I read said "the next HP movie" so maybe they meant HP6???? And YAY!!!! to the Dursleys being in it!! Their brief scene in HP4 was a travesty being cut from the film.

breonala - la-la-la, I can't hear you or the Brazil song....la-la-la, ah crap, there it is. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:)

Mr. Legs said...

Yeah, Maybe it is Harry Potter 6! Gilliam will be perfect to direct the scene in the cave...with the lake full of blood thirsty rabbits, I mean corpses. I got the director's name from IMDB and Warner Bros. It also turns out that this is is motion picture directing debut. I want Alfonso Cuaron to come back and direct one!!!