Monday, June 05, 2006

ROAD RAGE - HERE COMES THE SCIENCE

And by "Science" I mean "Bullshit."
I hate how the current trend is to take anything that is legitimate and apply it to a broad group of people; it waters down the science.

Head's up:
IRRATE RANT AHEAD!

Don't call it "Road Rage", people. No no no. It's a DISEASE. It's now called "Intermittent Explosive Disorder"(link). Are you fucking kidding me? Hmmm, yet another disorder. Perhaps we should treat it with pharmaceuticals like we seem to treat ALL problems! "What? My 3 year old has lots of energy and its difficult to get them to go to sleep at night?" Well, that's a disease. It's called "pre-adolescence-hyper-bullshitic-sydrome" and you must pump your child full with drugs. God, what is this country coming to? When did we hand everything over to the idiots and the pharmaceudical companies?

Back to "Intermittent Explosive Disorder"... did I say that's bullshit yet? Drive around L.A. one weekend... its not a disease, it's a response to a)Assholes who don't know how to drive, b)Assholes talking on their cellphones & not paying attention to the road, or c)Assholes coked out of their mind on PRESCRIPTION drugs cause they are being treated for their "sometimes I use my imagination" disorder. Often times, its all 3 combined. But fuck it, let's dope up MORE drivers! Ya know, if I take Sudafed or other cold medicine (OVER THE COUNTER!!!), I sometimes get loopy. It even says on the box "Do not operate heavy machinery." Hmmm, is a car considered heavy machinery? Nah, they must mean a forklift. And yet, its ok for people to drive around on much much heavier shit. WTF?

It's not Road Rage - It's normal people getting tired of the Moronic Assholes running rampant putting our lives in danger. It's time we took this Society back! First move: Stop treating EVERYTHING with drugs. Second move: Stop making/watching Reality TV and throw Paris Hilton off a cliff. Third move: Federal law that everyone must read 1984. Fourth move: Once again Encourage education, intelligence, common sense and imagination. Grrr, sometimes I hate humans.

Argh!!
JIMSMASH
!!!!!


Gee, I guess I should see a doctor and get drugged up. Thinking and using my imagination is hard. Can someone give me something so I just sit on my fat ass at home and watch American Idol?

Wow, I'm an angry sarcastic fuk. :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*sigh* Disclaimer: I am not saying that everyone on prescription drugs are assholes. I'm just saying that the use of pharmaceuticals is pushed waaaay too much. Should 65% of our children be on mind altering drugs? I do not think so. If they SHOULD be, then we need to seriously look into what is causing us as a people to be so messed up at such an early age.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad that you actually needed to include a disclaimer.

*disclaimer: I don't blame you at all for including a disclaimer. Only God knows how many people may have actually tried to sue you or something about your opinion.

spaceJASE said...

Your 3 step program can be precluded by MY ONE STEP:
1) Licensed Parenting. - You may not have children unless the government has given you a license because you took all the necessary classes and passed the physical, mental & IQ exams. If you disobey this law, you will be sterilized.

Suddenly, after only one generation, society becomes much nicer to itself.

Anonymous said...

Ohmmmmmmmmm........

Anonymous said...

Many times when the person in the car in front of you at the light don't go they are on the cell phone.... they need to finish their thought before they can go...please be sensitive to these folks delema... like when the boss calls you into the office and holds up a hand to render you still and quite while they finish their composition....JIM! PLEASE GO AHEAD AND SMASH! SMASH! SMASH!!!!

Lisa said...

I am with you, Jim! Hmmm... I don't feel like cleaning my house - I'll take a pill. I don't want to do yard work, I should take a pill. I enjoy reading...maybe I need a pill. I own a comic book store - I'm SURE there must be a drug coctail for that one!

And spacejase, you're not too far off either. I've often said that all people should be temporarily sterilized from birth. Then, at the appropriate age, say 20 or so, they can begin taking the courses and examinations for parenting. Once they pass they can then be unsterilized and reproduce, should they wish. However, our government, instead of providign low-cost birth control, is instead treating the poor with multi-vitamins so that when, not if, they become pregnant, they will have "healthy" babies.

Maybe the first people to be sterilized and/or given perscription drugs should be our government officials. Somewhere there must be a pill to treat stupidity!