Tuesday, November 06, 2007

GUITAR HERO III

GUITAR HERO III is now out. I don't have it yet, but I've played it briefly (IRON MAIDEN!). From what I saw, it was pretty damn cool. Although I'm not a fan of the "Battle Mode" where you can screw up the guitarist next to you - I always enjoyed the feel that you were playing TOGETHER, as in the same band or simply jamming together. Now its just another versus game. bah! But I think that's just an option, not necessarily the entire game. Anyway, check out this dude wailing on "Through The Fire & Flames", the hardest song on GHII according to the makers, on Expert!

At first I was blown away... ok, I still am. But then I started thinking that if this guy is THIS good, why is he playing this silly "fisher-price" game and not playing an actual guitar? If anything, this just reconfirms how awesome guitar players are when playing these type of songs. Rawk!
It also reconfirms how crappy I am at the game. But I'm ok with that....no, really.

3 comments:

Robiscus said...

Guitar Hero is so damn great because it sets itself apart from the pack. One thing that i personally despise about the video game industry is that for all of their boasting and hubris, they tow the line of conformity constantly.

Video games are developed as one of three things: first person shooter, role playing, sports.

thats it.

there are 3 kinds of video games that are developed at all companies. Guitar hero is a popular and profitable commodity because it is a game that breaks out of those imposed rules. it can't be classified or fit into one of those categories. bravo to the creators of it.

I would love to hear what the initial reaction was to the idea to make this game....

Anonymous said...

How do you know this guy doesn't really play guitar?

Jim said...

I don't.
He probably does, if he's this good at the game. If not, he should pick up a guitar and jam!