Monday, August 13, 2007

MIKE WIERINGO PASSES AWAY

Oh my god... I just heard the tragic news that beloved comics penciller MIKE WIERINGO passed away yesterday from a heart attack! He was 44 yrs old. I've been a fan of 'Ringo's work since his Flash days... through his Spidey years... Robin.... Superman.... Tellos.... Fantastic Four.... he's done it all, and always awesome work. I had the pleasue of meeting him briefly at a con about a decade ago and he was the nicest, coolest guy. I'm in absolute shock at this news and feel almost like a friend of mine passed away. He will be missed, but not forgotten. I thank him for all his hard work and amazing contributions to Comic Books. My deepest condolences to his Family, Friends and fellow fans. The Comic Industry, and the World, has lost one of its best.

UPDATED with some cool Wieringo cover art:

1 comment:

Frank Gillespie said...

While not my favorite artist, he clearly had more talent than nearly all working in the field. Even if you didn’t like his style, at least you could see what he was trying to convey. At first I didn’t care for his work on FF but he quickly grew on me.That is lacking with many who just seem to phone it in.