Monday, March 09, 2009

CUSTOM HE-MAN & BATTLE CAT

This is a killer custom HE-MAN & BATTLECAT statue by "SIMON"
(aka SiMo Sol). Simon posted online:
Hello there!

My Name is Simon, I am 32 years old and live in Germany - and I have been He-Man fan since the first TV commercial in 1982.

I am hobby sculptor and I want to show you my 1/6 He-Man Statue - riding on battlecat, inspired by Sideshow's "Gothmog on Warg". I made it for my own collection. Including the rock Base it is about 18 inches in height.

I know there will be some hardcore fans who would say "Battlecat's mask is not correct"... blah blah... I know that.

The design is based on the classic line but I made various things in an own interpretation.
Longer haircut for the man, the mask of Cat is a mix between the old and the 200x one, the arm-accessiores are designed totally different. The small bag at He-Man's belt in the 200x series was a good idea in my opinion, but I would not like it to dangle in front of my balls. So I put it at the hip.

More sensible will be the fact that I gave some reins to the tiger. Well - I think it is an animal and the LotR Warg was quite a good example for my idea.

WIP:
Base of the whole project was a resin tiger figure, 16 inches long, I buyed at ebay.
The piece got a whole new head... I laid back the ears and made a new open mouth... bigger teeth... bigger paws... new fur... animal pics were a good help for building an agressive tiger. Well - there is not much of the original figure left. Then the saddle - patience and apoxie, because I wanted a removable mask.
To make it look like leather I gave it a structure and big quilting seams.

Next step: He-Man.
I made him of three parts - two leg parts, so I could take him off the saddle while sculpting and painting. And the body. The power sword is made of Wood and Apoxie.
Updated pics here

4 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Very cool work this guy has done on this !!! By the Power of Grayskull !!

Anonymous said...

(applaud).....awesome man,..keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, guys!

Actually these pics are not the newest: I replaced the complete head.

All the best,
SiMo Sol

Anonymous said...

Edit:
Here are the newer pics:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4494/heman1do1.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/1143/heman2pb5.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4908/heman3gk3.jpg