Wednesday, January 19, 2011

THE WHAT OF THE 80s?

This past Christmas, Santa put in my stocking a copy of the Dolph Lundgren MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE.... on VHS! The film is absolutely abysmal, as you already know. But check it out... on the cover is a quote from WPBA-TV/Atlanta's JIM WHALEY who says of the film: "THE STAR WARS OF THE '80s..."

That's fantastic! I wonder if he realized that 2 of the 3 Star Wars films (Original Trilogy) were released IN the '80s? I also wonder if that quote haunts him.

Thought I'd share.

5 comments:

Bubbashelby said...

You should see if that guy is still around and send him a letter.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Still look at this this way, it's better than the prequel trilogy !!

Anonymous said...

No! No! No! We ALL know that the Terry O'Quinn film "The Stepfather" is the Star Wars of the 80's, dammit.

Mike Petersen said...

The "haunted by this" list begins and ends with Frank Langella, one would think.

Citizen Justice said...

maybe they meant because it's sent in the 80's... and the star wars movies happened a long time ago...
But seriously, I always laugh when i see this overly optimistic quote. I have the vhs to this crappy movie.