Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SIMO SOL'S HE-MAN PAINTING

Holy crap! Check out SiMo Sol's super awesome oil painting recreating the kickass He-Man mini-comics of the early 80s!

He writes in:

"I thought maybe you would be interested in my latest project: transferring an old cover into a 40" x 32" sized oil painting. I love the pre-filmation comics and KOCG is my all-time-favorite. As a fan of the original old-style box arts done by Rudy Obrero or William George and so I try to give it that look."
-- SiMo Sol

-->

YEA!!!! Dude, how much are commissions?!
You may remember SiMo Sol from a previous post of his custom He-Man and Battle Cat statue!

Also, SiMo Sol has a new blog HERE.

[Original Mini-Comic artwork]:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, THIS is how I ALWAYS saw He-Man,....Sorcery, Fantasy, Frazetta-esc...The crappy cartoon ruined the whole thing.. ( and was like 5 or 6 at the time.....)

SiMo Sol said...

Cool - Thank you. :)