Thursday, March 01, 2007

SCANNERS REDUX

Man, JimSmash is quickly becoming a REMAKE HELL website. Apologies if you're tired of hearing about all this shite, but I feel I must continue to vocalize my disdain and frustrations. Anyway, the next remake news is David Cronenberg's 1981 SCANNERS, which will be directed by Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw II, III and upcoming IV). Remaking Scanners is like making a movie out of a 30sec commercial. The only redeeming (and rememberable) factor of the movie is.... well, you know what it is.

WATCH:

There, now you've seen everything you would ever need to see and know of SCANNERS. No need to see the original (or sequels) or the remake.
I just saved you time and money. JimSmash (and Michael Ironside) rulez.

4 comments:

Frank Gillespie said...

Well, in your defense, if the studios could come up with an original thought you wouldn’t have to become a remake hell site! For crying out loud, look at the selection of movies in the last six months, it’s pathetic. I can’t remember the last time I was really excited about seeing a movie with the exception of 300. And they think we want to see recycled garbage on top of garbage? Again, it’s pathetic.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I've had a sinus headache just like that !!

Anonymous said...

we live in an A.D.D. society, with a whole generation of people who don't have a fucking clue, let alone an original or imaginative ide...instead of " Hey!! that was a cool movie,...it had an influence on me.." it's..."hey thgat was a cool movie,..we should re-make it bc the only thing i can add to it is effects..."

Anonymous said...

Bring back SCTV I say! I know John Candy is gone but I used to just love that sketch.....
He Blowed up REAL GOOD! Yea baby!
God they had some good stuff!!!
What brilliant talent!!!!
HE BLOWED UP REAL GOOOOD!!!!