Friday, March 02, 2007

CAVEMEN ON TV

You know those Geico commercials with the Caveman? Yeah, I actually think they're pretty funny, too. Well ABC plans to take the concept and turn it into a 30min weekly TV show! Cute commmercials, but doomed TV show, me thinks.



Plus, a good portion of profit should go to PHIL HARTMAN'S estate since he did this joke in 1988 with UNFROZEN CAVEMAN LAYWER:100,000 years ago, a caveman was out hunting on the frozen wastes when he slipped and fell into a crevasse. In 1988, he was discovered by some scientists and thawed out. He then went to law school and became... UNFROZEN CAVEMAN LAWYER

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman." "I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists."

"Your world frightens and confuses me! When I see my image on the security camera at the country club, I wonder, are they stealing my soul? I get so upset, I hop out of my Range Rover, and run across the fairway to the clubhouse, where I get Carlos to make me one of those martinis he's so famous for, to soothe my primitive caveman brain. "


"But there is one thing I do know. When a man like my client slips and falls on a sidewalk in front of a public library, then he is entitled to no less than two million in compensatory damages and two million in punitive damages."


"Thank you."


The man was a comedic genius. God I miss him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

does anyone know what that catchy tune is in the airport commercial?

i miss phil hartman too. he was funny funny.

Anonymous said...

name of song 'remind me' by rock & roller 'royksopp'

Anonymous said...

I loved Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. I think the most hilarious part about it is the word Unfrozen instead of thawed.

Jim said...

Hahaha, good point, Amy!! That made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

I had this thing for a while.....I tend to dial chase.....I kept coming into the "mock CNN" interview GEICO was using where the Cave Man rocks back in his chair in dismay and disgust in the middle....I hadn't seen the whole thing for like a month....By the way a freind of mine and I came to the realization way back....
Phil was everywhere....for a while anyway...I mean every where!