Wednesday, January 04, 2006

THE POSERS OF HAZZARD

To continue the Jim Smashing of craptastic movies... We watched the Dukes of Hazzard movie last night. 2 hours of my life I will never get back. Honestly, the casting didn't bother me. However...

Ok, Nevermind that these Duke Boys are redneck sex fiend pricks instead of Good Ole Boys. Nevermind that Uncle Jesse would never say "Pussy" or be shown smoking weed. Nevermind that the Duke Boys would never betray one another over a woman. Nevermind that every woman in the film was portrayed as a sex crazed whore. Nevermind that the Duke Boys would never throw bombs at the police. Nevermind that Roscoe was just simply an asshole instead of a loveable villain. Nevermind that Daisy's only contribution is to shake her T&A, over and over (she did do other stuff to help you know). Nevermind all that shit.

The storytelling just plain sucked. And, this was NOT the Dukes of Hazzard. Coming from the Broken Lizard guys (Super Troopers), I expected better. To quote Guy from GalazyQuest, "Did you guys even WATCH the show??!!!"

The only 2 good things:
1) The General Lee scenes
2) I hate to admit it - Jessica Simpson looked mighty fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i told you.....but you had to see for yourself I guess.

Anonymous said...

Tsk. tsk. tsk. You did exactly what they thought you (normal typical male) would do. Go see this unmentionably horrible crappy remake just to see
Jessica Simpson...
:)
But I'll be the first to admit it. That's the ONLY reason I rented it!

Can I hear a JIM BANG! a JIM BOOM! a JIM SMASH!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jr. Brown did the narration.... was that any good????