Tuesday, February 14, 2012

STAR TREK / DR WHO CROSSOVER

It was recently announced that in May 2012, there will be a STAR TREK/DR. WHO comic crossover, teaming up the current 11th Doctor and the Crew of 'Next Generation'. The Threat will be the Cybermen and Borg. I can't find any information of how many issues this limited series will be...

I'm kind of bummed its not the Original Crew, but atleast it's not 'DS9', 'Voyager' or 'Enterprise'. I suppose they could do another crossover with the Original Crew and an earlier Doctor....

Hey, so apparently there once a kind-of-almost a Star Trek/Dr Who teamup tv show....

Geek Files reports:

RUSSELL T DAVIES has revealed that he had planned a crossover between the Doctor Who and Star Trek TV series.

Speaking to the Sunday Times, the Doctor Who showrunner said: "I would have loved to have done a Star Trek crossover. The very first year, we talked about it. Then Star Trek finally went off air.

"Landing the Tardis on board the Enterprise would have been magnificent. Can you imagine what their script department would have wanted, and what I would have wanted? It would have been the biggest battle."

Fun in a fanfiction kind of way, but glad they didn't do it... unless it was a "throw-away special" or the like.

Here are 2 DR WHO/STAR TREK FAN FILMS:



Here are some other Star Trek Crossovers & Mash-Ups:Fun, but hate they acknowledge the Prequels
It's like watching your good friend make a pass at your best friend's girl....
Ha, but NO.
oh my god.....
Sweet! by summerset

3 comments:

allen etter said...

I don't know why this idea hit me, but for some reason I just pictured Tom Baker's Doctor Who and Star Trek's Scotty slamming back some Romulan ale...am I a bad person for that?

Jim said...

Photoshop that, Allen!

Adam L. Garcia said...

I'm friends with the writer of the series. He's the biggest Dr. Who/Star Trek fan, this makes me more than excited.