Friday, March 26, 2010

MISSED OPPORTUNITY OF SADNESS: ALIENS GATEWAY STATION MATTE PAINTING

Hey, remember that auction I posted about that had the Dish from Alien 3? Well that same auction also had the original MATTE PAINTING of GATEWAY STATION by ROBERT SKOTAK seen at the beginning of ALIENS! It went for $4,000 and yes I totally would have bought it. I told Mrs Smash about it and even she agreed there would have been no stopping me so she would have "allowed" it (I wear the pants, damnit!). I know she wouldn't have let me spend 4-grand we don't have on it, but it sure was supportive of her to say so wasn't it? Anyway, that fucking sucks.... I really really really would have liked to have owned that. *sniffle*

Here's a pic of Skotak creating it:
*thanks, Andrew!

5 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

A picture here of Skotak creating it !!!!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Gateway station is actually a combination of Matte Painting and parts of the refinery from Alien that were glued together as bigger towers !!

☆☆☆ JaganaR ☆☆☆ said...

just some love , jimmy

=]
*for your devotion to Queenie*

http://www.gifninja.com/Workspace/e583a8f7-1a9a-461e-8101-0edcc7af0c85/output.gif

Jag

Jim said...

WTF?!
:)

KEEF said...

HEY JIM, YOUR LOYAL FOLLOWER HERE FROM SPAZOTRON!

I know your a big alien fan...


check this out!!!!http://thechive.com/2010/03/26/real-alien-bar-who-needs-a-drink-14-photos/