Wednesday, March 26, 2008

TEMPLESMITH MOTU

Found this over at Scott's KingFilm. It's the Masters of the Universe Villains by Ben "30 Days of Night" Templesmith.

Scott posts, "I’ll be the one to say it. I just don’t like Ben Templesmith’s artwork. It’s always a struggle to see whatever the heck it is he’s drawn because everything is all muted and bleeds together."

While I agree with everything Scott said, I also can't help but dig the pic. Maybe its because I have a soft spot for ole Trap Jaw. That must be it. The pic looks like its in progress (which it isn't)... I think I'd like Templesmith's work more if he added some additional love to his pieces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with scott also. his work always takes me several moments to decipher what the fuck it is I'm looking at. Trap Jaw is cool.