Monday, March 12, 2007

AMAZING SCREW-ON HEAD

I finally watched THE AMAZING SCREW-ON HEAD. Based on the one-shot comic by Mike "Hellboy" Mignola, this animated adaptation is spot-on awesome! FINALLY someone has put his artwork style to animation. Obviously, its gorgeous to look at and it makes me weep in disappointment at the current HELLBOY Animated movies they're putting out. Stop making the current animated movie and stop making the live-action movies.... and START making proper animated adaptations of HELLBOY in THIS manner!! Besides the killer visuals, Amazing Screw-On Head is a great fun ride and hilarious! You have PAUL GIAMATTI opposite DAVID HYDE PIERCE, both just nailing their parts. Pierce is absolutely brilliant as EMPEROR ZOMBIE, cracking my shit up just about anytime he opens his mouth. I wish I had watched this earlier because Emperor Zombie deserved his own "Villain of the Day" post. And I feel I must give a nod to MOLLY SHANNON as the vampire PATIENCE! Anyway, I am giving an extremely high recommendation on this dvd. Go watch it TODAY!!!
-----
"It's as I always say, all really intelligent people
should be cremated for reasons of public safety."

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Now I'm torn. A customer got it recently and said it wasn't very good at all.

Anonymous said...

I watched the pilot online last summer. I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was anything special. For me, it was the voice acting that stood out the most.

Also Mingola(sp?) has said in tons of interviews that he HATED "Amazing Screw-On Head" because it was too much like his artwork. He said part of the reason was that it showed the flaws of his style, but at the same didn't get his style down right and was even more flawed. (if you wanted to try finding an interview, I think the interview at Newsarama with Steve Fritz was the most recent one that i can remember)