Monday, April 10, 2006

QUICK MOVIE REVIEW: SLITHER

We saw SLITHER this past weekend. While it wasn't as good as I had hope, I still really enjoyed it! The first 20min could have been sped up a bit, but that's really only because the film wraps up too quickly. I would have preferred to have another 30min added to the film. Regardless of all that, the film is really funny and fun. It's "Tremors" meets "Body Snatchers" meets "The Thing" meets "Shaun of the Dead". I'm guessing it's going to get better and better with each viewing. I'll pick it up on dvd.

I can't believe it BOMBED at the theater, tho. It only made $3.9 mil opening weekend and fell completely off the Top 10 this weekend. I expect it to become a big hit, cult-classic when it comes out on DVD, which will probably be very very soon. If you can, try and catch it in the theaters while its still there. Its definitely worth a viewing!

I give it 6-1/2 Lil Jimmys (out of 10) on the first viewing. I expect this rating to go up a bit as I rewatch it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I have not seen it yet, but all of my horror fan customers have been saying very good things about it. I'm too busy to see it in the theater, but I will have to check it out on DVD.