Monday, January 23, 2006

70's SPOTLIGHT: SLEESTAKS

Anyone remember the 70s TV show "LAND OF THE LOST?" Most people I talk to seem to recall the lame Chaka monkeyboy when I bring up LOTL. Not me, man. Me, I think of the freaky SLEESTAKS!! They were these creepy reptilian/insectoid dudes running around in caves chasing the Marshall family with crossbows!! They made this hissssing-like noise that made your skin crawl. I don't remember much else, besides that they lived in an underground city, hated the light, and would coccoon themselves into hibernation near a lava pool. I think I dug them primarily because they reminded me of the Creature of the Black Lagoon, which I saw at a very very young age and obviously made a huge impact on my life. Oh yeah, they were also afraid of "Big Alice", the stop motion TRex. Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

blast from the past! wow.