Friday, November 18, 2022

BURT "PAULIE" YOUNG


via British Boxing News:

Did you know: Gerald Tommaso DeLouise aka Burt Young (Also known as Paulie in the Rocky movies) joined the Marine Corps and accumulated a military boxing record of 32-2.

He then turned pro under the name Burt ‘Paulie’ Young and went 17-0 under the legendary boxing trainer Cus D’Amato (trainer of ''Iron'' Mike Tyson, Floyd Patterson, and Jose Torres).

He was also a sparring partner for 5-time Canadian Heavyweight champion and two-time Heavyweight World Title challenger George Chuvalo (who fought against: Muhammad Ali 2x, Joe Frazier, Geoge Foreman and Floyd Patterson).

1 comment:

Timewaster said...

A couple years ago, I was taking my family to California Pizza Kitchen in Encino. Walking towards the restaurant was me, my wife and three kids. Walking about 3 feet in front of us was Burt Young. I was excited to see Paulie in real life! About 5 steps after realizing who it was, Burt Young ripped the loudest, longest fart I've ever heard a human make in public. It was hideous.

After a beat, my youngest (who was about 6 at the time) said at full volume - "I THINK THAT MAN JUST FARTED!" Burt Young turned to him, smiled, and kept walking.