Friday, March 19, 2021

MARVEL'S 'ALIEN' #1 : VARIANT COVER BY KAEL NGU


Ngu posts:
When I'm offered to draw Xenomorph for Marvel's Alien #1, I got super excited and went to rewatch the first Alien movie in order to capture the proper look and feel of this iconic franchise. I tried to capture elements that are rarely portrayed by other artists, in this case the layer of blue "placenta" protecting the eggs below the jockey chamber. Personally I think that's a super cool concept and hopefully I managed to do it justice. Not to mention the legendary design by HR Giger...the details is killing me but oh please stab and facehug me all you want XD

Very cool. I love he depicted the blue "palcenta".
He says he rewatched 'Alien' to "capture the proper look", so I'm curious why he used the 'Alien: Covenant' eggs.

Honestly, based on the previews and what Marvel has done with 'Star Wars', I have no interest in Marvel's new 'Alien' series.. However, I might pick this one up just for the cover. 
 

No comments: