Friday, January 23, 2015

KISS VS MOMOIRO CLOVER Z


BABYMETAL is one of my favorite new bands. They combine J-Pop with Death Metal and have really fun stage show performances. Here's some footage from their live concert DVD "LEGEND" (which is awesome):


I also love KISS. Well,  KISS has jumped on the trend bandwagon (its their superpower) and teamed up with J-Pop group Momorio Clover Z for a new single:



I really want to love this. But... its just not gelling the way it should. Maybe its the vocals.... maybe it needs more energetic range? Its fun and catchy, but on paper it seems like they should have hit it out of the park more. Perhaps more KISS in the mix, instead of them sounding like a back-up band. However, with that said, I wouldn't mind seeing more of this collaboration team-up.

[  KISS - Japan 1977 ]

UPDATE: Here's a varation of the song, "SAMURAI SON", which sports Paul Stanley vocals



UPDATE 2: Well, after several listenings over the week, the song (Z vocals) has grown on me even more. My initial reaction review stands, but now I'm giving it an overall thumbs-up of approval.... I might actually buy the song when its released tomorrow on iTunes. Don't judge.

More Pics:

No comments: