Thursday, April 03, 2014

USED BOOKSTORES

I went to a neat bookstore in Maryland today and took a few pics to share...

INSANE MISSION FAIL
4 copies of 'Alien' but not a single copy of 'Aliens'.
 
Here are some items I saw but did NOT buy:
 
TMNT MOVIE BOOK (1989)
I didn't buy this but figured I'd post it to infuriate some diehard TMNT fans I know who will no doubt never understand why I didn't purchase this. Well, the main reason why I didn't was they were asking for $10.

SILVER HAWKS Coloring Book.
this will no doubt piss of people for not buying.

 THE WALKING DEAD COMPENDIUMS VOL 1 and 2
On sale for $30 each... and they were "Buy 1 Get 1 FREE"
I did not buy, but was tempted.

MR T COLORING & ACTIVITY BOOK
Love that it was displayed in a used National Enquirer rack!
 
Uh, all the books were about Jesus. Not one Children's book about Odin or Cthulhu. This section is misleading and mislabeled - it should read "Children's Christianity". I would also accept "Christian Mythology".

THE DIRTY OLD MAD
 
GIJOE Field Manual
some shots of the interior:


and now for the stuff I DID buy:
 
STAR TREK: THE LOST YEARS HC
and THE KLINGON DICTIONARY
($1 each)

Trade paperbacks were Buy 2 Get 2 FREE, and these books were already reduced to $5 each. So for $10 I got:
 
PROPHET BOOK 1,
FANTASTIC FOUR: WALT SIMONSON VOL 1,
and Jim Starlin's BREED: BOOK II and III
(I already have Book 1 from the 90s).
 
We then stumbled upon another little used bookstore we had never been too before and they had several long boxes with all comics priced at 25-cents each! OMG an actual 25-Cent Bin still in existence! It was full of CRAP, but also some gems I picked up at a quarter a piece!!!
 
BATMAN #417-420
"Ten Nights of the Beast" storyline

AQUAMAN #2 and 3
Blue Costume mini-series
(already had #1, now need #4)

THE 'NAM #5-11
(already have #1... now I need to complete the run)

BLOODSHOT (vol 1) #1-2, 4-6, 8-14

CAPTAIN AMERICA #357-359
"Bloodstone" Part 1-3. Classic 80s Cap Adventure!

DOOM PATROL #1-17
Arcudi & Eng Huat's really fun series!

PITT #11-14
I needed the Full Bleed issues, from 11 on.

X-O MANOWAR (vol 2) #15-19, 21
I've fallen behind on my X-O, and needed #15+
 
ARCHER & ARMSTRONG (vol 1) #4, 6, 10
 
Marvel's GIJOE #145!!!!
 
Hail Cobra!!!
 

7 comments:

Timewaster said...

I remember seeing Ten Nights Of The Beast but never actually reading it. Is it any good? That's one of those stories I've wanted to check out forever.

Hobgoblin238 said...

Awesome scores!!!

IsuzuGeek said...

Damn, I used to have that field manual. Cool.

Norris said...

You got the Walt Simonson FF trade? Aw man, his run on that book was incredible. I have very fond memories of that book, that time. Good score, sir!

TimPro said...

I have that Turtles activity book from when I was a kid. Also the Klingon Dictionary. I think they have a new one out that's better. I think.

Christopher22 said...

Wowzer, Jim! It looks like you found a nice spot! Lots of gems there!

Anonymous said...

.. doesn't having a stack of alien technically pluralize them? 1 failed alien. 4 awesome aliens? (i have a white sharpie you could borrow that would take care of the aesthetics)