Friday, October 19, 2007

COOL NEW STAR WARS STATUES

GENTLE GIANT has released some early pics of their upcoming STAR WARS busts, and I think they look pretty neat! The top one is a risque statue of DOOKU and Sith Tool ASAJJ VENTRESS (from the Clone Wars cartoon)... it's inspired from a cover of STAR WARS INSIDER. And like much of the stuff in the Clone Wars cartoon, I wish her story was in the live-action Prequels. This statue is kinda funky and I dig it in some ways, but really? When was Asajj ever romantically or sexually involved with Dooku? And did she wear thigh-high stockings with a garter belt? I didn't think so. I would have much prefered a statue of them two standing next each other BOTH being total bad asses. This is a bit too cheesecakey for my tastes - why not just have her sitting at his feet, showing off her cleavage? This isn't something I'd want on my shelf at home or office.The next 3 pics are statue busts of SHAAK TII (she was awesome in the cartoon!), ANIMATED STYLE PALPATINE, and geeky fanboy fetish fav AAYLA SECURA. I dig that Palpatine!

If you have NOT watched the CLONE WARS cartoon yet, I cannot recommend it enough! Yes, the prequels SUCKED, but these are really good and what you wanted to see from Lucas! Go rent em now!!!
Volume 1, Volume 2.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn. Based on these I'm too fat to be a jedi.

Anonymous said...

so say we all.