Friday, December 15, 2006

DOUCHEBAG OF THE DAY: HACK TRAILER MAKERS

Last night I saw a commercial for the dvd release of LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE and I wanted to cock-punch somebody. What an absolute abyssmally assembled commercial to sell a movie. If I hadn't already seen the movie, I would have thought it was a direct-to-dvd piece of shit with barely an ounce of humor or merit. Jesus, people! Your jobs are to PROMOTE the film and make people want to not only WATCH it but go out and spend their hard earned cash on the goddamn dvd. Quit your day jobs and stay away from any form of storytelling, please!! Or, perhaps next time WATCH the fucking movie?? Maybe that would aid in putting together a dvd trailer? I'm sorry, but it really irks me to see talentless people impairing the potential success of a movie made by talented people.

So yeah, please DISREGARD the shitty commercial now airing and rent the film. It's a lot of fun and one of my favorites this year.

Earlier quick review.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*apologies for the hostilities... just found out I have to work this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe YOU should quit your day job, and write their ads??? Then perhaps you wouldn't be so hostile.

LOL

Jim said...

Hahahaha, good idea.

Yeah, sorry... sometimes I use JimSmash to vent out my frustrations... aptly named, eh?

I'm better today.
:)

Anonymous said...

This is a pretty common thing I think. I have notice numerous trailers in the past which miss portray the movie entirely. Some, I can tell are aimed at certain demographics. But beside the marketing intent it still gives a false impression. SO it sucks!!