Tuesday, March 08, 2022

SLAVA UKRAINI - BY MIGUEL IGLESIAS


Hello!

These passed weeks have been very stressful in my family because of the war in Ukraine, since we have relatives and friends living in Ukraine.

Its been quite a struggle to focus on the daily routines, work etc since our heads were constantly thinking on the horrible situation there and worrying sick about the well being of our relatives and friends.

We have been trying to help as much as we can, sending money, coordinating efforts to evacuate people to safety etc, but we have not been able to shake away a sense of impotence and despair with everything that is unfolding each day.

Myself, as an artist I felt I had to vent that frustration in some way, painting something. Something quite silly and meaningless giving the circumstances but never the less i felt I had to.
So here it is, a small tribute to Ukraine and its brave people during their struggle defending against Putin criminal invasion.

I normally work designing fiction characters in fantasy or sci fi settings, so this is my way to represent Ukraine as a brave warrior, standing firm and resolute to defend her children against evil.
One could argue that is a little silly or immature, but I am not at my best these days, so I hope you will forgive me.

All the money will be donated to support the people of Ukraine during this terrible war.

Slava Ukraini!!

--Miguel Iglesias

No comments: