Tuesday, January 08, 2019

JIM'S FAVORITES OF 2018

NOTE: Sorry for the delay. My computer went down on New Year's Eve and it's taken me this long to get everything restored for this lackluster post.

________________________________________________

My main focus in 2018 veered away from pop culture into arguably more important aspects of life, so I wasn't able to read every comic or watch every movie/tv show that I wanted to. So here is an incomplete list of my favorite things of the year....

COMICS:
(in no particular order)

The Mighty Thor
Thor
X-23 (the first 5 issues)
Mister Miracle
Aquaman
The Green Lantern
(by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp)
Saga
Batman '66 Meets Archie
Aliens: Dust to Dust
William Gibson's 'Alien3'


COMIC GUILTY PLEASURES:

Weapon X (featuring Sabretooth)
Cosmic Ghost Rider
(Tell no one - I'll just deny it)
Venom
(bananas)


MOVIES:
(in no particular order)

Ibiza
Andre the Giant
Won't You Be My Neighbor?
Hannah Gadsby: Nanette
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Christopher Robin
Deadpool 2
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
The Christmas Chronicles
Aquaman
Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
(amazing!)


TV:
(in no particular order)

[ Star Trek Discovery : the last 1/3 of Season 1 ]
[ The Americans : I binged Seasons 1-6 in 5 weeks - Awesome show!! ]
[ Future Man : This came out in 2017, but I didn't get to it until 2018 - Hilarious! ]
[ I love the Thirteenth Doctor! ]

TOYS:

[ David S. actually comes in a purple suit - lame! ]



BOOKS:



MUSIC:
(in no particular order)



* special thanks and shout out to JimSmash Reader DR THEDA!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im so jealous if you got that stinkor pop

UncannyDerek said...

Duuuuuude. That Spaceslug album is sooooo good and dirty.

Glad to hear the computer is back up and runnin' again!