Tuesday, August 04, 2009

SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2009

*(Apologies for the lateness of this post - been busybusy!)

First off, the BEST of the BEST....
My all-time favorite ALIEN Artist is DEN BEAUVAIS!
He did the super awesome comic series ALIENS: BOOK TWO.
It's my favorite Aliens story outside of "ALIEN" & "ALIENS" (movies).
As I've said before:

"To this day, in my mind,
it is the official sequel to James Cameron's
ALIENS film.
Of all the many
Aliens comics, that series is bar none the best
and unfortunately set a standard unmet by later series."

--Jim, 2008

I've wanted to meet him since the book came out in 1989.
Well he was at the con and I got to meet him!

Unfortunately I did not have my ALIENS comics with me!
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

But my good buddy-ole-chum, MAKER, came through...
he brought with him HIS treasured copies,
had Den sign them and then gave them to me!!WOW, WHAT A PAL!!!!
(did I mention they were his treasured copies HE wanted signed, too?!)


THANK YOU, MAKER!!!!
---
moving on....
I took down 15 JIMSMASH! T-SHIRTS
to hand out to any JimSmash Readers who recognized
the shirt I was wearing & approached me!
Well I handed out 13 shirts!!!

Thanks for the support, Guys & Gals!


...except for Miss Naughty Grabby Hands.
You know who you are!

---

I've mentioned before how much I dig
MICHAEL RYAN's new CAPTAIN BRITAIN costume.
Sadly, Marvel recently changed the costume once more.But Ryan gladly did a Captain Britain sketch!
---

I also met STAN "You Got The Touch" BUSH!
Super nice guy & he signed my Transformers: The Movie Sndtrk CD:It's bullshit he was not included in either of Bay's Transformers.
Show some love & buy his 11th studio album, "In This Life"
---

Here's some kickass stuff I picked up at this year's SDCC:
X-MEN #95, 97, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 and 107
Which means all I need to do is get X-MEN #100......and I will have
Giant Sized X-Men #1
& X-Men #94 up-to-present!
A goal I've had since I was 12!
Soooo close!
(X-Fans should know the significance of those 2 issues)
---

I also picked up AMAZING ADVENTURES # 11, 12, 14, 16 and 17
which feature the BEAST in his first appearances in fur!

I now just need #13 & 15
to own all the Beast issues of Amazing Adventures:
---

and now for some PICS!!!

Here's me with the life-size Predalien bust:

Click HERE for a ton more con pics!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. Part of my trade with Den was for some original art. I also sent him my 4 Aliens books and he signed them and sent them back. Sooooo cooooool! XD I am going to get the sketches he sent matted and framed real soon!!! Just need some moneh.

Mr. Legs said...

My personal favs are circumcised Wolverine and the countless super heroes who have caught on to the fact that a common crew sock is adequate protection from the forces of evil.

Two crew socks...might be overkill.

Valkaad said...

Maker truly is a great friend

Paul said...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4OYGjUrdllo/STSvCe-HgbI/AAAAAAAAM0w/yTXpjcy95Z4/s400/mickey.png

buffalostyle said...

As an X-Fan from WAAYYY back, I have to say "Good Job" and "I'm extremely jealous"...
My very first X-Men issue was #100...ah, if I only knew then what I know now....