Tuesday, September 02, 2008

FOR SALE: LAST RESPECT FOR LUCAS

Ha, this guy is selling "the last morsels of respect" he has for George Lucas. Here's his ebay listing:
------------------------------------------
You are bidding on a fully poseable 12" inch Darth Maul figure with lightsaber accessory and real fabric outfit and cloak. He is in fantastic condition and is still the raddest character featured in any of the Star Wars prequel abominations... er, I mean movies.

Because this Darth Maul represented my faith in George Lucas (it was bought back in the heady days of 1999 when the words Star and Wars still brought to mind childhood dreams and wonderment), you are also bidding on the last morsels of respect I have for the once all-powerful, formally infallible bearded wonder. If you must know, the use of the woeful Wookie 'Tarzan' cry in Revenge of the Sith is the straw that broke the Bantha's back. It was almost unforgivable in Return of the Jedi, but to have it featured again in Episode 3 was just ridiculously [expletive] STUPID!

I've made so many excuses for George in the past - even to the point of suggesting that Jar Jar would be bearable if he spoke in an alien language with subtitles - but after witnessing the CGI monkeys and gophers in Indiana Jones and the UFOs, I've got nothing left for him (except for what this Darth Maul represents)... And to think of the rabid, blind hope I had towards the end of the 90s before I entered the cinema to see Episode 1... [sigh] I'll always have Lord of the Rings - all hail Peter Jackson, the new bearded wonder!!

May the bids be with you...
------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand this guy's reasoning. He hated the prequels so much, why did he buy the Darth Maul figure in the first place?

Anonymous said...

If he was like me, he bought the figure BEFORE Ep1 hit the theaters.

Anonymous said...

I think you could raise THOUSANDS on a charity auction with this exact premis. every disapointed, disenfranchised fan can sell thier stuff for a charitable cause and tell ole George "we don't care if you want the house green, these prequels SUCK!"