Friday, June 09, 2006

SUPERMAN IS A CHICK FLICK

Here's yet another Superman Returns movie. I'm really trying to keep an open mind about this movie. I know I bitch about it constantly here, but hey, that's what JimSmash is for. But just when I was finally warming up to the idea of the movie (by forcing my geek mind to think of it as a comic with a different artist, one who draws the characters younger looking - I know, its sad), Bryan Singer says this:
"This is a movie about what happens when old boyfriends come back into your life. I call it my first chick flick.... Even if you're the strongest man in the world, if the woman you love has found someone else who she's nearly married to and who's not a bad guy, what is your place in that woman's life?"

"Screenwriter Michael Dougherty said a big reason behind the romantic plot was the success of TV shows like The New Adventures of Superman and Smallville."
*sigh* So Superman is a Chick Flick? And they are playing off of TV VERSIONS of Superman? God Almighty, save me from these people.
I WANT to like this movie, I really do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't think it was a hard leap for singer to make a chick -flick,..........." oh Super-Man your such a beefcake..."