Thursday, January 28, 2010

ACTOR HALL OF FAME: CLANCY BROWN

JIMSMASH ACTOR HALL OF FAMECLANCY BROWN

CLANCY BROWN is pure Awesome incarnate!

He's not only a great actor (and can play villains perfectly!) he's also a fantastic voice actor. He easily made the JimSmash Actor Hall of Fame for 9 roles alone:

KURGAN!!!!! (Highlander)
SHERIFF GUS GILBERT (Pet Semetary II)
CPT. HADLEY (Shawshank Redemption)
LEX LUTHOR (various DC Animated)
SGT. ZIM (Starship Troopers)
GUNNAR (Pathfinder)
MR. FREEZE ("The Batman")
MR. SINISTER ("Wolverine & the X-Men")
BROTHER JUSTIN CROWE ("Carnivale")

He has been in many other great roles, but those above are the ones that stay fresh in my mind.

Clancy Brown's Lex Luthor is by far the best I have seen. He now owns Luthor, as far as I'm concerned. And when I'm reading a comic with Lex, its Clancy's voice I hear in my head.

13 comments:

Unkiedev said...

No Mr. Krabs love?

SPONGE BOB!

Clancy Brown is my favorite part of Sponge Bob!

MOCK! said...

Unkiedev beat me to it....so "DITTO!"

Jim said...

I don't watch Sponge Bob. No reason, just don't tune in. I don't watch much tv anyway. But my wife does and she agrees with y'all.

In my defense, I did say he'd been in other great roles, but the ones listed are those that stay fresh in my mind.

Bubbashelby said...

I didn't realize he was Mr. Freeze (and Mr. Krabs for that matter) but he is the definitive Luthor in my mind as well.

I also LOVED Carnivale and wish it would have continued on in some capacity.

Timewaster said...

Clancy Brown - AWESOME on "Lost".

Anonymous said...

No "Gus" from Pet Sematary II?? He was classic!!

johnny said...

Jim: "He has been in many other great roles, but those above are the ones that stay fresh in my mind."

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Yeah , you missed of Mr Krabs !!! :(

Phil Freeman said...

Someone else hears voices when they read comics too! I hear Clancy for Luthor and Kevin Conroy for Batman all the time. Sometimes Hammil for Joker and George Newbern for Superman. (I've seen more of Justice League than I did of Daly on Superman TAS)

Valkaad said...

Let's not forget his role as Viking in Bad Boys! Anyone who hears the movie title Bad Boys and thinks of Martin Lawrence should be ashamed of themselves! The REAL Bad Boys was made in 1983 and starred Sean Penn. Watch it and you will forget all about that 1995 comedy.

Tami said...

Holy cow... what about Danziger in Earth 2. The hunky bad guy with a heart of gold in space with aliens. What more could you want?

☆☆☆ JaganaR ☆☆☆ said...

@ mock / Unkiedev

"dying for Pie" : that episode made it all worth it .

"the boy cried you a sweater of tears and you had to kill him"

XD

and i do have to say him as Sinister , hearing his everpresent growl in his voice .... OMFG .
beats all of the cast of wolvie and the Xmen

Phillip said...

Anon, Gus from Pet Semetary II is listed at #2. His pic is bottom far left.