Tuesday, April 07, 2009

ACTOR HALL OF FAME: MICHAEL IRONSIDE

JIMSMASH ACTOR HALL OF FAME
We've just finished revisiting V: THE MINI-SERIES (which I haven't seen since I was 8 yrs old, and yes it was still alot of fun!) and it got me thinking about MICHAEL IRONSIDE. So here ya go - my Top 9 noteworthy roles of his career thus far, and his induction into the JimSmash Actor Hall of Fame!

*by order of release date:

9) TERMINATOR 4
(General Ashdown)

8) LT GENERAL SAM LANE (Smallville)

7) SUPERMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE (Darkseid!)

6) STARSHIP TROOPERS (Jean Rasczak)

5) HIGHLANDER II (General Katana)

4) TOTAL RECALL (Richter)

3) TOP GUN (Lt. Cmdr Rick 'Jester' Heatherly)

2) V: THE MINI/SERIES (Ham Tyler)

1) SCANNERS (Darryl Revok)

11 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

ought he was fab as Overdog in Spacehunter:Adventures in the Forbidden Zone !!!

Red Jimsmash said...

Wait - does this mean you've seen Terminator 4? Because if not, what if he's terrible in it? Then you'll look silly.

Randallw said...

as if he didn't look terrible in Highlander 2.

Generally though he does well. My favourite role of his is Darkseid.

Jim said...

Red JimSmash, you're taking this post too seriously. :)

Anonymous said...

ha, fantastic!

Lunadude said...

Don't forget Tyler, from Heavy Metal 2000.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119273/

Bubbashelby said...

He bought a Shelby Mustang from my uncle many many years ago, and signed my mom's VHS copy of Top Gun.

Matthew Scheuerman said...

I'm really surprised that no-one has mentioned:

Sam Fisher

Michael has provided the voice of a character played by millions of gamers worldwide.

dr. lazarus said...

Great list! I find Ironside dreadful, yet always smile when he pops up in a movie. :)

Anonymous said...

I always liked him when he donned a wig and played animation executive Linda Simensky:
tinyurl.com/cl9jvd


(*I'm sorry, i had to share the joke that a lot of us animation artists have been snickering about for years)

Anonymous said...

What about the Watchers?!?! And Major Payne! LOL I love Michael Ironside!