Wednesday, April 08, 2009

ALIEN PRODUCTION PICS

Andrew has been hooking me up with some kickass ALIEN (and non-Alien) stuff lately! Check out these awesome photos from the production of ALIEN. I haven't seen these before, so I'm quite giddy.

Dennis Lowe writes:
This period was a fantastic time in the film industry and I remember well the relaxed and thoughtful ways we all set about making the models under the guidance of Effects Supervisors Brian Johnson and Nick Allder. Ron Hone was the boss in the model shop, it was like a large family when we would plough into the canteen at Bray Studios for breakfast ( I can still taste it now! ) and exit contented knowing that the day was going to be creative. I didn't know anyone who didn't like their job and and for about 5 more years that spirit endured throughout various movies until the 80's arrived......from then on the accountants took over!
Man, those are freaking sweeeeeeet.

Click HERE to see more!


*thanks again, Andrew!

4 comments:

Morrisminor said...

I'm trying to form the word "Pure F'n Gold" but I can't get my drooling jaw back up off the floor! Awesome post...truly!

Morrisminor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew Glazebrook said...

It's thanks to Mangamax it was his find !!

Unknown said...

Hi
I posted another Alien page 2 over the weekend dedicated to some of Jon Sorensen's transparencies that he took on the shoot

dennis