Tuesday, June 05, 2007

SOON I WILL WEAR A THOR COSTUME

A new comic-genre themed novel was released today titled "Soon I Will Be Invincible". I won't be buying it, but the cover did grab my attention enough for a posting. The cover has someone holding up the THOR HALLOWEEN COSTUME HELMET. Seriously? Yep. The novel apparently has nothing to do with THOR or HALLOWEEN, so why the pic? Too cheap to have an original made? Is the story about Halloween? (no). Didn't think comic fans wouldn't notice its a Halloween costume? (we would, cause we're crazy like that). Not enough imagination to make an original made? Either way, it comes off as generic, cheap and unimagitive. Yeah, I won't be buying this.

Hmmmm, or, the cheap Thor Helmet was made from another generic helmet with some added bells and whistles.... bah, either way, the book is using a generic helmet! And yes, I do have that Thor Helmet; Halloween 2005 - Japanese Thor, baby! It's sweet and I have the Hammer, too. Jealous?

Is this post pointless and overtly judgemental?
Yes and possibly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the 1980's classic adventures in babysitting....

Lisa said...

Actually the novel isn't too bad, based on a proof copy of the first two chapters.

AndyD273 said...

Read it, really liked it actually.
It's about the villain, and a fun read.

Jim said...

I've heard several people say its a fun read, so perhaps I'll check it out.

I still think the cover and all is odd.

David said...

where do you get the fabric from? I want to have Thor Suit and Ive been to several halloween stores and craft shops, and no one had any idea what I was looking for.. :s HELP, HALLOWEEN IS SOOOOON !

Anonymous said...

DO NOT SHOP AT
thorcostume.co.uk

THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!!!