Thursday, June 14, 2007

CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE

Marvel announced today that a CAPTAIN AMERICA movie has been greenlit. It will be part PERIOD-PIECE and part MODERN, which is awesome and exactly what I wanted. Marvel Studios president Kevin Fiege said, "We'll have to play with Captain America as being a patriotic propoganda machine on one hand but also being a very human Steve Rogers, ... [an] interesting, fascinating hero in his own right." The movie is planned for a PG-13 rating and DAVID "Road to Perdition" SELF has been hire to write the script. So far, I'm liking what I'm hearing. One of the main obstacles I think is going to be finding a good Steve Rogers. I mean, the character is supposed to have the ultimate Human physique. Where they are going find a big, athletic dude who looks like the perfect human, AND can act is beyond me. I'll let Maker leave some comments to elaborate on this. heh.

No comments: