Monday, February 05, 2007

THE LONE RANGER RETURNS !

Here me out... There's a new comic series out now based on THE LONE RANGER and its really good!

Right now we're seeing his origin, something I never knew before. The story strays from the established origin of the Lone Ranger in that it mixes elements from the various incarnations over the last seven decades while adding new elements, characters, relationships and situations. It holds to the basic storyline of six Texas Rangers being ambushed in a canyon with all dying but one. But then moves forward as its own. The writer is doing a great job of taking what was before and bringing up to Today's storytelling tastes, without pissing on the classics.

When I was real young (pre-Star Wars/GIJoe age), I was freaking crazy about the Lone Ranger! And this series has me pumped for the character for the first time since I was in pre-school!!! For fans of Westerns, Movies, Guns, Action, Justice/Avenge Stories and kickass Drama - pick up the new series at your local comic shop!
Here's some preview art to give you a taste.
The pages are not all in order, so take em for what they are: Previews.
I've labeled each page in Red below the image. Just for you guys!
ISSUE 1ISSUE 2ISSUE 3You can read the entire issue 3 HERE!
-----
ISSUE 4 come out this wednesday!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is a great series. Many people have picked it up at my store, and have been surprised at how much they enjoyed it. Check it out, people!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it's the same origin as was portrayed in the early 80's movie: "Legend of the Lone Ranger", or something like that.....I remember it being good, but i was but a child, so there's no telling what filter I saw it through....

Anonymous said...

Lisa told me to get it last week... but its the Lone Ranger... it just feels like it must be really dated or just silly cowboy stuff. Is it really THAT good?

Jim said...

I'm digging it. I wouldn't go so far as to say its one of the best comics ever made, tho. But I liked it enough to post about it. *shrug*

I say give it a whirl and see if its your cup of tea. The trade paperback comes out in March, I believe... whatever the latest Previews was for (with Death Dealer on the cover).