Wednesday, February 28, 2007

THE END OF BATTLESTAR

Good news is, Battlestar Galactica has not only been renewed for a 4th season, but the initial 13 new episodes ordered has been extended to 22 episodes!

Bad news is, those xtra episodes are in order for them to end the show. Which I guess is a good thing. "They Cylons have a plan" and that plan can be milked out for only so long. While I don't want the show to end, I think having it as one nicely wrapped up story will be cool. It's already been feeling like "The Weekly Adventures Aboard Galactica", so I'm ready for the final showdown/reveal or whatever to play out.

But before they end it, GIVE US SOME OLD SCHOOL CYLONS, MAN!!!! In the first episode Number Six says they are still around and that they still have their uses. LET'S SEE EM!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

agred,..and agreed. I Really love the show, but it starts to get a little slow and conveluted by losing momentum and focus with all of the character developement episodes. The last three have ben less than inspiring.

and second.....LET'S SEE SOME OLD SCHOOL CYLONS!!!!!!!!!!

Cucumberslices said...

Wonder if they will make a battlestar crew on Earth series afterwards....

Do you think the ending will be the same as the ending in the original BSG?

Jim said...

God I hope not! Remember "Battlestar 1980"? with Apollo and Starbuck on "galactica" motorcycles, complete with viper helmets on, cruising around LA ala CHiPs, going "this place is weird". *shudder*

They have talked about a new spinoff series called CAPRICA that deals with the Cylon/Human war pre-Battlestar Galactica. Atleast I THINK that's what its going to be.

Lisa said...

While I do love the show, this season has been strained at times. They have tried to do stories that are different - not just being chased by cylons, which is great, but many episodes have just seemed kind of lame to me. I hate to see it go, but I too would rather have a cool end than drag it on with episodes that I can't stand.

Any idea when they're going to do the Caprica show? There should be old style cylons in that show.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I'll be glad to see Galactica finish,I'd rather see shows finish properly than to go on too long and then get cancelled because viewing figures are too low !